Join us on Sunday, May 26, at Lakeview United Church, 3023 63 Avenue, Calgary, SW. Services will be from 2:00 - 3:30pm.
This week's sermon "What is a Pastor?" by Bill Hall
1) Father's Day - June 16
2) Annual Church Campout - River Cove, June 21-23
3) SEP Silver Meadows Teen Camp: July 7 - 14, Pre-teen Camp: July 8 - 10
Based upon the Council's recommendations, we will have a four-part approach to our congregational community service.
- CONGREGATIONAL: We will continue to improve our CARE Ministry to our own members. If you are ill or in need of some assistance (rides, moving, financial, etc.), please communicate that to our CARE Ministry coordinator, Patrick Mella.
- LOCAL: In memory of the work that Fred Omelusik was involved with at the Calgary Alpha House, we would like to support that organization for the next couple of years.
View a PDF list of Alpha House Volunteer Needs...
- INTERNATIONAL: Each spring we will identify one international Mission / Aid program to support via fundraising. If any LGF member is personally involved with a project, we will consider assisting that project as a priority.
In 2011 we donated the travel costs for a pastor's conference in Mozambique. Read more...
- SEASONAL: Each Fall we will begin work on the Samaritan's Purse Shoe Box gifts for children abroad.